Friday, October 23, 2015

I Have Been




October 2015:

So very spoilt and lucky to have this amazing piece of Digital Art done for me by the most amazingly talented lady Ann Lavin.  Ann made this work of art for me without me even knowing. Last Monday week Oct 19th, Brian and I met up with Ann and Mick for lunch at Mt Tambourine, up on Tambourine Mountain.

Tamborine Mountain is a 28 square kilometres plateau in the Scenic Rim local government area of South East Queensland, Australia. The name is of Aboriginal origin and has nothing to do with the musical instrument.
Elevation: 525 m
 
As Ann and I were walking along in and out of shops, browsing, we chatted about all things craft, lumpy bumpy craft did she miss doing it - yes she does. However we talked Digital and got onto talking techniques etc. I again told Ann how very talented she is and said she should at least frame her last piece of art work, a picture of a girl with butterflies over her back, Ann has colored this piece like you would not believe - it just looks so so real. However we all had lunch then another walk and ended with a coffee before heading back to our cars and heading home. It truly was a great day to forget about all other stuff that is going on in our life. WELL  two days later Ann sent me this piece that she had done for me, I was stunned and actually it made me very emotional. I will treasure this forever and feel so lucky to have a piece of Ann's art that I will get printed and have it hanging on my wall.


Oh I forgot to tell you Brian and I got lost trying to find our way to the meeting place where we were to meet up with Ann and Mick - and yes they came and found us, hahahahahaha, we will never live this down I am sure and Ann won't let us forget either.

1 comment:

scrappin' girl said...

This is beautiful Chris & Ann xxxx