Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Weekend with family



November 23-25 saw us head off to Brisbane South side to catch up with family and for me a craft time with Belinda. Brian and I booked a motel and I worked until midday before we headed down the Bruce H/Way toward Brissy South hopeing to avoid any H/Way delays etc - which we did. Kyle is my dad's 1st great grandson and we have a great relationship with his mum and stepdad, infact Belinda wanted us to have a craft weekend. Brian has been pretty unwell lately and having our own space and accomadation was the best thing, however a whole weekend was just too much for him and he was pleased to be heading home early on the Sunday, not before we have a great family BBQ. Belinda showed me how to make a box from chippy and using Tim Holtz metal legs it turned out great lid and all, it is not quiet finished yet as I have still to make the small album that fits inside the box - photos to follow when finished which I am currently working on. I have 2 UFOs being worked on at this current time all will be revealed once finished. Photos show the Tunnel cards that Belinda and I made, they look amazing and the bottom photo is my gorgeous great nephew Kyle he such an amazing, well rounded and polite young man. My dad did get to meet Kyle and dad would be so proud of him. The 5th photo shows me making the lid of my box - as I said photos to come. We had a wonderful time and it is always so special spending time with Belinda her hubby Adam, Kyle, Natalie and Jono.









No comments: