Saturday, October 6, 2012

Family Heritage


October 6th 2012

A number of years ago I managed to locate a very special family member by going through the Brisbane ph directory and coming across the little fellows grandad was just fantastic. Kyle is my nephews son ( he has nothing to do with him, my brothers grandson (grandfather has never met him) and my father's eldest Great Grandson - whom my dad met and spent time with him. Brian and I lived on the Gold Coast at the time and we arranged to meet Kyle and then when my dad came over for a visit in 2006 we again arranged for them to meet - it was so great - as this was one of my dads wishes to meet Kyle and his family. Now Kyle and his family are in contact all the time with us, we have had Kyle come and stay (he is now 14yr old) and we are going down to Brisbane in November to spend a weekend with them. Kyle's mum is a scrapbooker hahahahaha and she is doing a scrapbook for Kyle for Christmas and has asked me to do a double page for his album and I have done just that. I have done one page solely on my parents - their wedding day and the other page on Kyle and my dad his great grandad. I have added hidden journalling on tags that are tucked behind the photos. I also have done a montage of all different photos and have written on the back of the card what,who and when they were taken. I hope this is what Belinda was looking for, I think it has come up rather well.

The 2 photos below the coloured ones are the various photos that will be on the backs of the double page layout.

The one thing Belinda did ask was that somewhere on the page I had to add that these pages were done by me so I did it on the journal tag that you can see poking out from the wording "We are family" the other tag is tucked in behind the photo of my mum and dad coming out of the church.










2 comments:

scrappin' girl said...

great job Chris !!!!!!

shazzabee said...

Chris you have done a fantastic job with these pages.