Saturday, January 29, 2011

My name is Basil - but not Fawlty




I have a herb garden flourishing in a huge plastic planter, we use the herbs constantly and this summer sees me with the best "Basil" I have ever grown.
We use alot of Basil and this year see's us with a few varieties. We have one called "All Year" - "Thai" - "Lemon" and the normal variety, with tomatoes there is nothing better.

The Pics are as follows: I have dried some of the below so that when they are not growing I still have some on hand - cheaper than buying dried herbs!!!

From the top is your every day Basil variety and it is fantastic this summer.
Then there is "All Year Basil"
Then "Lemon Basil"
Then "Thai Basil"

2 comments:

scrappin' girl said...

FANTASTIC Basil Chris, the Lemon Basil sounds interesting!!!!

Toni said...

I just love basil....