Sunday, January 30, 2011

Herb Bed

I managed to twist Brian's arm enough to say we needed our "Herb Planter"
put into the garden somewhere so that it would get some sun and also some rain and we have plenty of that here in Qld - especially at the moment - and as I type this it is raining.We really have a great herb bed this summer and as I said in another post we have the best Basil I have ever grown.We use our herb's all the time and they seem to grow the more you pick them.
One thing that I have not got to grow well is Mint believe it or not, I think it is in the wrong place as is getting too hot and dries out too quick so I am going to move it and see if it does any better in a cooler spot.
In the large planter we have Parsley,Sage,Rosemary & Thyme - sing - a- long time, we also have Chives, Basil, French Taragon the real stuff,Oreganum or Marjorum & Coriander this is fantastic with Thai cooking which we love.










 The photos from the top show:
  Herb Planter Tub, Common Thyme, Sage, Italian Parsley, Rosemary, Oreganum
  French Tarrogon, Struggling Mint plant and Coriander. 

2 comments:

Toni said...

OOOOOOOH YUMMY they look delish!

Judi said...

Wow!!! Makes my few little herbs look bedraggled