Sunday, January 30, 2011

And lastly the vegie patch

All be it small we have a good crop of capsicum that are flowering and have fruit on. We also have silverbeet in behind the capsicums and we have been eating it - love silverbeet - yep along the front you can see the row of Basil, this is more Basil, I think I should be selling it as it is so good and Basil is not cheap to buy a miserable little bunch in the supermarket is so expensive. On the other side of the planter I have just planted some more lettuce and silverbeet- coloured (Chard) like the yellow and red. The only real thing that I have not had any success with is Tomatoes, for some reason they grow big and strong flower and fruit then before the fruit ripens they shrivel and die off, I was told by the girl at Bunnings I know that even all their plants were doing the same - in saying that we did get some ripe fruit, so next year I am going to try and grow my own plants from seed, it is not the ground as they were all in pots of their own with compost - so just a pain in the ass me thinks.








Photos above show:
The vegie planter with the Silverbeet at the rear, Capsicums in the middle and Basil along the front.
The Capsicum plants showing the fruit and flowers.
And lastly newly planted Lettuce and Silverbeet

3 comments:

Toni said...

MMM MMMMMMMMMMM

scrappin' girl said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG !!!! (this is a reminder Chris :) ) xx

Judi said...

Yum fresh vegies!!