Monday, August 13, 2012

Timmy Tags class - August 11- 2012


Saturday 11 August was the day and it had finally arrived, I have been wanting to do the Timmy Tags class at the LSS since last year however as I work almost every Saturday morning until midday it has been out of the question UNTIL I had a cunning plan - why not ask the kind ladies at the LSS if they could do class A & B back to back on a Saturday arvo!!!!!!! I sent an email asking just that very question - to get a reply to YES of course they would re arrange their calendar to fit the class in for the 11th in the PM, it could only be that Saturday as we are off to NZ at the end of the month and the LSS have their retreat the weekend before we go away. What great timing - I arrived on time hahahaha had to get the lad to close up for me. There was only myself and one other girl doing the tags and another two ladies working on scrapbook pages. We started doing Tags set A and these were showing us how to use Distress inks and what you can do with them - FANTASTIC I thought. Each class is 2hr and you do 10 tags. We had a 1/2hr lunch break from 2 - 2.30 then it was onto Tag set B the majority of these we were shown how to use and what to do with alcohol inks - again AMAZING. I came away and my head was spinning, there was also a good deal if you purchased and as I have a loyalty card for purchases and classes this was a good opportunity to get some kit together, inks both Distress and Alcohol, I already have Distress Ink Pads and some of his pens, also got some Perfect Pearls now that stuff is amazing,some blending solution for the alcohol inks a blending tool complete with pads and some felt pads for the alcohol inks all in all I arrived home around 5.30 and I think Brian thought the aliens had got me. See below the complete set of tags that we did each card has a sticker on the back with written instructions on what techniques were used, what product was used, colours etc and how to do it again. So I came away with a heap of new ideas and techniques and a mini reference tag library.

This annoys me so much I added them in order however they are not in order so see my ref re pics:



Tags A

Tags B

Tags B

All B Tags

Complete set
Tags A & B

Tags A

3 comments:

scrappin' girl said...

ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC TAGS Chris !!!! cnt wait to see some of these great techniques on your 'scrappin' xxx

scrappin' girl said...

oops CAN'T WAIT !!!

Unknown said...

Nice ideas and good combination of colors are used in your designs.
Contract Packaging