Monday, March 23, 2015

As at 25th February 2015


YES

I received my letter from the Immigration to advise that I have been approved for Citizenship. I am so excited, however I am not a citizen until I do the ceremony. My ceremony was booked in for June 22nd but I have had to ring Immigration and advise them that I will not be in Queensland on that date. I will be re booked in for July and again I probably will miss that one also as we don't get back to Qld until approx July 22nd, so here's hoping I will get put in for the August one. Moreton Bay council have ceremonies every month. Immigration said it was not an issue if I miss a couple as they just roll your name over to the next ceremony, as long as I do a ceremony within a year the application stays valid. After all the hours of work,$$$$$$$ involved, obtaining paper work, previous marriage certificate and or divorce papers!!!!!!, current marriage certificate, original birth certificate and the list goes on and on I am not likely to let it lapse by not doing a ceremony within the year. I was so excited and thanks Keryn Suther's for your help, sorry I kept pestering you re the mail - hahahaha. Brian and I celebrated with a glass of wine.



No comments: