Monday, March 26, 2012

Circle Journal - 2011

A CJ is a Circle Journal -- is an album that you send out to all the girls in the group, who each do a page in it. When it comes back to you, you have a lovely album that your on-line friends have helped create!

You need to decide  what kind of album you will do. OTP is popular, and so are things like tag albums. Normally we would try to keep the weight down (just like in real life!) or it can get very expensive to post!!

Then you need to pick a theme. There are millions! Some good ones are -- favourite colour/music/holiday spot/etc etc; pets; scrapping tips and hints; cookbooks; 3/5/10 things you didnt know about me; secret pleasure .... and so on.

You need to decide if you want your album to stick to a particular colour scheme or style (like grunge or vintage).

Most CJs have some kind of sign-in page (like pockets with a tag for each person) where each member puts a little pic of herself and often some little bit of info about herself as well. These don't need to be large.

CJs are heaps of fun! For more info, try Googling. You'll see thousands of ideas!!
   
Last year a forum I belonged to, a group of us got together and did a circle journal.
There were 9 in the swap, I was unsure wether to take part as I did not know if I would be able to do what was expected and or not wanting to let anyone down.
The theme for my CJ (circle journal) was "Treasured Memories" each person would do a page for my album telling of one of their "treasured memories", my colour's that I asked for were pinks, creams, browns, any lace and or embellishments in keeping with my theme, the majority did stick to my requests. Each person taking part also had to do a tag showing a photo of themselves and telling a little about themselves.
What I have in return for the many months that this took is such a wonderful piece of individual art, in time I wish this journal to go to my beloved daughter Yasmine as there are pages in the journal that I have done that will hold special memories in time to come for her also.

2 comments:

scrappin' girl said...

can we see some pics Chris ? xxx

scrappin' girl said...

OH here they are !!! TERRIFIC Chris xxxx